Ancient Civilisations: (Egyptians, Greeks, Mayans)
- How did a peasant live compared to Kings/Queens?
- What Gods did they believe in?
- What differences in architecture are there across the civilisations?
- What was education like?
- What comparisons can be drawn through art?
Expressive Arts and Design –
- Which materials are best for making pottery?
- Which tools can be used to sculpt?
- How can detail be added to a piece of pottery?
- How can decoration on pottery present information about history?
- How does pottery compare between different civilisations?
- How can we design and write a program to achieve a specific goal?
- How does a program simulate a physical system?
- What is a variable?
- How can a timer and a score pad be added to a game?
- How can objects be controlled using variables?
PE & Healthy Living – Rugby/gymnastics
- How many ways can we travel around a space?
- How many different jumps can we perform?
- Which body parts can we use when jumping and travelling?
- How can we incorporate apparatus into jumping and travelling?
- How can jumping and travelling be combined to create a sequence?
PE & Healthy Living – Keeping myself safe
- In which situations do people need to keep themselves safe?
- What is school’s policy for bullying?
- What are the 3 key things must you do before crossing the road?
- What are the different levels of friendship?
- What are the three classes of drugs?
- Which kind of music did the Ancient Greeks/Egyptians listen to, play and perform?
- What forms of composition will we use? (structure/accompaniment/melody/notation/cycle/ round)
- What are the letters of the Greek alphabet?
- What is minimalist music?
- How can we arrange our own performances?
- Can we count beyond 20 in French?
- What rule can help us to learn the ‘tens’ numbers in French?
- Can we count up to 40 in French?
- When we count up to 40 objects, can we write the number (word) underneath?
- Can we play ‘lotto’ with numbers up to 40 in French?
- Can we complete a number sequence up to 40 in French?
- Can we give an answer in French to a range of maths problems (numbers up to 40)?
- Can we say the names of Egyptian objects in French?
- Can we label a range of Greek objects?
- Why do some people think God exists?