Earth and Space:
- What makes up our solar system?
- What is the shape and size of the Earth, Sun and Moon?
- Why does the moon change shape?
- How are day and night created?
- Why does the Sun appear to move across the sky?
- Why do shadows move and change shape during the day?
- Why do we have seasons?
Light and Shadow:
- Why do shadows change move and change shape during the day?
- How do we keep a test fair?
- Why do shadows have the same shape as the objects that cast them?
- How do shadows change size?
- Can we measure a shadow?
- How does light travel?
- How are rainbows formed?
- How do we change the direction of light?
Expressive Arts and Design – Photography:
- How can we use light and dark to take an effective picture?
- How do we take a panoramic shot?
- How can we compare taking photos in the countryside to in a city/town?
- What effects can we add to alter/enhance a picture?
PE & Healthy Living – The global community
- What is dictatorship?
- Which countries experience dictatorship?
- What is the role of the EU?
- What is the difference between ‘war’ and ‘peace’?
- What are the ten commandments?
- What is a criminal offence?
PE & Healthy Living – Basketball/Netball/Swimming:
- What are the main rules in the game?
- How can we use teamwork to score goals?
- How can we use teamwork to defend?
- What techniques do we use to pass the ball?
- How can we compare basketball to netball?
Computing- Concept maps
- How can thoughts and ideas be displayed?
- What does the term ‘concept map’ mean?
- How can concept maps help us to plan writing?
- Can concept maps be presented to an audience?
- Which composers have written about space?
- How have they achieved this?
- How have instruments been used to create different timbres?
MFL - Links to space and parts of the body
- What are the French names for the planets in Solar system?
- Can we say how far the planets are from the Sun in French?
- What are the French names for our body parts?
- Can we create our own astronaut, and add labels in French?
Understanding the World –